Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Why yes, it has been a while.


I’m not promising a long-term commitment or anything, but a friend asked me the other day if I would start bitching on my blog again.  Apparently I amuse at least one person & that’s enough of a fan base for me.  (Of course, it is entirely possible that she just wants me to use this as an outlet so I’ll stop babbling to her in real life).

So, basically school’s back in session and when I’m not writing checks, I’m getting guilted into volunteering for something.   And I’m back to driving The Habitrail all the live long day.  Whereas I was once a mom engaged in conversation with my kidlets as I shuttled them to and fro, I’m now just an unpaid cabbie (in a German luxury SUV, but still).  They either fight with each other or gossip.  In the lower grades there was hilarious talk of the hygienically challenged girl who wiped her butt with a Kleenex during class and in Middle School I’m told there’s talk of boys & mean girls & drugs, but in the elementary upper grade girl world, it’s really just who rolled her eyes at whom.  Nothing gross.  Nothing funny.  Nothing scandalous.  They don’t know how to vocalize their angst yet.  Maybe they don’t have angst. Things are pretty sweet and easy in their world.   The biggest issue is that one know-it-all girl who lies all the time & I’m sick of hearing about her.  So, with no dirt worth hearing and yet I just listen to the drone and drive.  And I think about returning to the working world. 

In the past year and half a lot has changed in the neighborhood.  We’ve had people move. I overextended myself with school volunteerism & was sucked into the inner-sanctum of the PTA.  I assimilated, basically.   Though I did it in a rock star kind of way.  I now have my own stalker (she really wants to be my friend, which means I question her judgment & will never let her be) and my own total crazy pants paranoid scary psycho bitch mom bully.  This keeps me on my toes and full of funny happy hour banter.    

A lot has changed for us as a family too.  Now that I’ve found my niche here in Happy Valley, I’ve also found out that there are other places I'd like just as much.  I want to move.  We definitely will move (I have my neighborhood all picked out), but the question is now or when Staci & Zoe are ready for Middle School.    The Husband is ready for a change too.  It’s a weird time.  I think I want a ranch house.  I think having gone Gluten-free has messed with brain.  I ‘m hanging out the Farmer’s Market and wondering what it would be like to have friends who wear maxi dresses and no make-up and have brown hair. 

Ah, all this for another day.  I need to drive to the dance studio now.

No comments:

Post a Comment